Glazed Apple Pie Bars
Glazed Apple Pie Bars - an all - time favorite crowd pleasing treat with hints of cinnamon and nutmeg!
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg separated, yolk beaten with enough milk to equal 2/3 cup
- Reserve egg white
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup crushed corn flake cereal
- 8 cups (8 to 10 medium) cooking apples, Jonathan or Honey Crisp, cored, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 reserved egg white
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 55mins
Heat oven to 350°F.
In medium bowl combine flour and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. With fork stir in egg yolk and milk until dough forms a ball; divide in half.
On lightly floured surface roll half of dough into 15 X 10 X 1-inch jelly roll pan. Sprinkle with cereal, combine 1 cup sugar, 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon and nutmeg.and stir into apples then pour over cereal. Roll remaining half of dough into 15 1/2 X 10 1/2-inch rectangle, place over apples.
In small bowl beat egg white with fork until foamy, brush over top crust. In small bowl stir together 2 tablespoons sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, sprinkle over crust. Bake 45 to 60 minutes. Or until lightly browned. In small bowl stir together all glaze ingredients , drizzle over warm crust. Cut into bars.
You'll also love
- Scalloped Pineapple 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Butter-Baked Peaches with Vanilla... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apple Spice Cake (crock pot) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Broccoli Rabe with Salsa... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Swedish Meatballs 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpkin Caramel Cheesecake Bars 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Date-Filled Cookies 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Oatmeal Coconut Pecan Cookies 0/5 (0 Votes)