Curried Sweet Potato Soup
- 4 cups Roasted Vegetable Broth (see recipe)
- 2 pounds red-skinned sweet potatoes (yams) peeled, and cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 cup reduced-fat (2%) milk
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
Bring broth to boil in large saucepan. Add sweet potatoes and curry powder; cover and simmer until potatoes are very tender, about 20 minutes.
Using slotted spoon, transfer sweet potatoes to processor. Puree until smooth. Add 1 cup broth; process until well blended.
Return mixture to saucepan with broth. Add milk; bring to simmer. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Chill. Rewarm over medium heat.)
Ladle soup into bowls. Top with dollop of yogurt. Sprinkle with chives.
This recipe yields 4 servings.