Curried Fish Fillets With Yogurt Sauce
- 3/4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced green onion
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 4 flounder or petrale sole fillets (4 oz ea)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup toasted wheat germ
Mix yogurt, cilantro and green onion in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Spray baking sheet with vegetable oil spray. Place in oven.
Rub each side of each fish fillet with 1/4 teaspoon curry powder. Whisk egg whites in medium bowl until foamy. Place wheat germ on large sheet of waxed paper. Dip fish fillets into egg whites, then turn fillets in wheat germ, coating lightly.
Place fish fillets on hot baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake until fish is opaque in center, about 8 minutes.
Remove from oven; let stand 2 minutes. Transfer to platter. Serve yogurt sauce alongside.
This recipe yields 4 servings.