Curried Chicken, Green Bean And Almond Salad
- 12 ounces green beans trimmed, and halved crosswise
- 2 cups shredded roasted chicken breast meat (from about 3 chicken breast halves)
- 1 cup thinly-sliced red onion
- 5 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/3 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds toasted
Cook beans in pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Rinse under cold water. Drain well. Transfer beans to large bowl. Add chicken, onion and 4 tablespoons cilantro.
Stir curry powder in small skillet over medium heat until aromatic, about 30 seconds. Transfer to small bowl. Whisk in yogurt, mayonnaise and lime juice. Add dressing to chicken mixture; toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with almonds and remaining 1 tablespoon cilantro. (Can be made 2 hours ahead. Cover and chill.)
This recipe yields 6 servings.
Per serving: calories, 231; total fat, 7 g; saturated fat, 1 g; cholesterol, 78 mg.