These jalapeno popper-inspired bacon-wrapped chicken breasts are packed with flavor and perfect to bring to any party or outdoor barbecue.
- 5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 5 jalapenos, sliced in half lengthwise and cleaned
- 20 slices bacon
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup colby jack or cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Slice chicken breasts in half like you would a hamburger bun and place between wax paper. Pound chicken breast halves until they are a quarter inch thick. Season with salt and pepper.
Mix the two cheeses together and smear about 1 tablespoon into each pepper half until you've used all the cheese.
Place a jalapeno half, cheese side down, on each chicken breast half and wrap them up as best you can. Then wrap each chicken breast completely with two pieces of bacon. Start at one end, wrap half the breast and finish the second half with the other piece of bacon.
Cook on a preheated 350°F grill over indirect heat for 30 minutes or until chicken is done. Turn every 5 minutes and baste with barbecue sauce each time you turn it.
Notes: If you don't have a grill, bake in the oven at 375°F for 30 minutes or until chicken is done. Baste a couple times and finish under the broiler to set the BBQ sauce.
You'll also love
- Crusted Honey Mustard Chicken 4.5/5 (404 Votes)
- Impossible Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes 4.4/5 (446 Votes)
- Oven-Roasted Smoked Sausage &... 4.3/5 (496 Votes)
- Crazy Good Chicken Casserole 4.5/5 (422 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Mushrooms &... 4.5/5 (401 Votes)
- Pioneer Woman's Garlic Cheese Bread 4.5/5 (332 Votes)
- Pickle Wrap Dip 4.4/5 (283 Votes)
- Bacon Cheddar Potato Cakes 4.5/5 (273 Votes)