These jalapeno popper-inspired bacon-wrapped chicken breasts are packed with flavor and perfect to bring to any party or outdoor barbecue.
- 5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 5 jalapenos, sliced in half lengthwise and cleaned
- 20 slices bacon
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup colby jack or cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Slice chicken breasts in half like you would a hamburger bun and place between wax paper. Pound chicken breast halves until they are a quarter inch thick. Season with salt and pepper.
Mix the two cheeses together and smear about 1 tablespoon into each pepper half until you've used all the cheese.
Place a jalapeno half, cheese side down, on each chicken breast half and wrap them up as best you can. Then wrap each chicken breast completely with two pieces of bacon. Start at one end, wrap half the breast and finish the second half with the other piece of bacon.
Cook on a preheated 350°F grill over indirect heat for 30 minutes or until chicken is done. Turn every 5 minutes and baste with barbecue sauce each time you turn it.
Notes: If you don't have a grill, bake in the oven at 375°F for 30 minutes or until chicken is done. Baste a couple times and finish under the broiler to set the BBQ sauce.
You'll also love
- Betty Crocker Cake Mix & A Can of... 4/5 (812 Votes)
- General Tso's Chinese Chicken 4.2/5 (448 Votes)
- Fail-Proof Pizza Dough & Cheesy... 4/5 (430 Votes)
- Qdoba Queso Dip 3.9/5 (447 Votes)
- Pioneer Woman's Garlic Cheese Bread 4.4/5 (432 Votes)
- Long John Silver's Fish Batter 3.9/5 (444 Votes)
- The Very Best Glazed Meatloaf 4.4/5 (360 Votes)
- Fiesta Chicken Crock Pot 3.9/5 (799 Votes)