Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup
No one will guess that you cheated by using canned tomato soup. This lovely soup tastes homemade all the way! —Sandra Fick, Lincoln, Nebraska
- 2 whole large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (10-3/4 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped, or 2 tablespoons sun dried tomato paste
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (9 ounce) package cheese filled tortellini
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, for garnish
Adapted from keyingredient.com
Saute garlic with the olive oil in a large stock pot over medium heat until golden brown. Be sure to keep an eye on it so it doesn’t get too brown or burnt.
When the garlic is done, add tomato soup, tomatoes, half and half, chicken stock and spices. Bring to a simmer.
Once simmering, drop tortellini into the soup. Cook according to the package directions.
After tortellini are cooked, ladle soup into bowls and top with parmesan cheese.
You'll also love
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars 4.4/5 (59 Votes)
- Lazy Man's Lobster Casserole 4.4/5 (66 Votes)
- Better than Fries Baked Potatoes 4.5/5 (54 Votes)
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta 4.5/5 (54 Votes)
- Fresh Herb Shrimp Linguini 4.4/5 (61 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Tomato Basil Parmesan... 4.5/5 (57 Votes)
- Four-Cheese Macaroni and Cheese 4.6/5 (49 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (55 Votes)