Avocado & Strawberry Salad with Poppyseed Vinaigrette
For a crunchy texture add in some roasted pistachios or walnuts.
Also, try a mixture of greens such as arugula, mizuna and claytonia.
- 1/3 cup Champagne or white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar or honey
- 1/2 small onion
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 avocado, sliced into thick chunks
- 1 cup strawberries, thickly sliced
- 4 cup mixed greens, such as mizuna or arugula
Adapted from fullcircle.com
Place vinegar in small bowl.
Add sugar, mustard and salt, mix well until sugar and salt dissolve.
Place half onion in blender or food processor, add liquid and blend until mixed.
Add oil in thin stream until emulsified.
Return to bowl and stir in poppy seeds.
Place mixed greens in bowl, toss lightly in dressing and plate.
This is also a great dressing to make when you just have a small amount of dijon left in the jar. Just add the rest of the ingredients, shake vigorously and serve.
You'll also love
- Sesame-Soy Salmon with Ginger... 4.4/5 (48 Votes)
- Better than Fries Potatoes 4.5/5 (46 Votes)
- Meaty Eggplant Lasagna 4.1/5 (80 Votes)
- Copycat Panera Bread Double Orange... 4.1/5 (78 Votes)
- Homemade Strawberry Cake 4.4/5 (54 Votes)
- Raspberry Breakfast Bars 4.6/5 (34 Votes)
- Strawberry Scones 4.5/5 (36 Votes)
- Quick Vegetarian Chili with... 5/5 (3 Votes)