Braised Pork Loin Cutlets With Thyme-Lemon Sauce
- 8 thin-cut boneless pork loin chops
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme (or 1 tspn dried thyme)
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 garlic cloves pressed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup low-fat (1%) milk
Place pork in 15- by 10- by 2-inch glass baking dish. Mix 2 tablespoons lemon juice, thyme, lemon peel and garlic in small bowl. Rub mixture over both sides of chops. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to 1 day.
Transfer pork chops to baking sheet. Sprinkle each chop lightly with flour, then salt and pepper. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over high heat.
Working in batches, add pork to skillet and cook until brown, about 1 minute per side. Return all pork to skillet. Add milk and boil until pork is cooked through and sauce thickens slightly, about 1 minute.
Transfer pork to platter. Whisk remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice into sauce in skillet and stir to blend 30 seconds. Season with salt and pepper. Pour sauce over pork and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Per serving: calories, 193; total fat, 7 g; saturated fat, 2 g; cholesterol, 69 mg.
You'll also love
- Blueberry And Orange Layer Cake... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Black Bean Soup With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Banana, Honey, And Soy Milk... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Cod With Orange, Caper And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- White Beans With Bacon And Endive 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spicy Sausage And Gorgonzola Pizza 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sauteed Pork Tenderloin And Pears... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mashed Potatoes With Lemon And... 0/5 (0 Votes)