Black Bean Soup With Cilantro-Tomato Salsa
- 1 1/2 cups dried black beans
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 7 cups Roasted Vegetable Broth (see recipe)
- 2 cups reserved cooked vegetables from
- Roasted Vegetable Broth
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Cilantro-Tomato Salsa (see recipe)
Place beans in large bowl. Pour enough cold water over beans to cover by 3 inches. Let soak overnight. Drain beans.
Stir cumin in heavy large pot over medium heat until fragrant, about 20 seconds. Add 7 cups broth and beans. Cover and simmer until beans are almost tender, about 1 hour.
Purée reserved cooked vegetables in processor until smooth. Stir into soup. Add garlic. Cover and simmer until beans are tender, about 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Chill. Rewarm over medium heat and thin with more broth, if desired.)
Top soup with Cilantro-Tomato Salsa and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.4/5 (1082 Votes)
- Texas Trash Warm Bean Dip 4.5/5 (184 Votes)
- Apricot Bread Pudding With Caramel... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Dried Cranberry Compote 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bulgur Risotto With Peas And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Leeks, Sweet Peppers And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Halibut With Tomato-Tarragon Cream... 0/5 (0 Votes)