CORN, POTATO and GREEN CHILE CHOWDER
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 5 c. chicken broth
- bay leaf
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 large red potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 4 cups corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- handful of fresh cilantro, torn
- 1 cup diced green chiles (canned or roasted)*
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- lime (for serving)
In a soup pot, drizzle some olive oil and sauté onions and garlic until soft.
Add broth, salt, potatoes, and bay leaf. Bring to a soft boil.
Cook until potatoes are just barely cooked through (approx 10 minutes).
Add corn, paprika, pepper, cilantro, chiles, and coconut milk. Simmer softly for about 5 more minutes, or until corn is tender. Add additional salt and pepper to taste, if needed.
To thicken the soup, remove approx 3 cups of soup to a blender. Blend and return to the pot.
Serve with a wedge of lime to squeeze over the soup.
You'll also love
- Vermont Apple Crisp with Maple... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chocolate cherry greek yogurt... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Broccoli Rabe with Grilled... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpkin Earthquake Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Creamed Potatoes, Peas and Pearl... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Thin and Crispy Cornbread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Best Way to Cook Corn on the Cob 0/5 (0 Votes)