Baked Cod With Orange, Caper And Olive Sauce
- 1 orange
- 1/2 cup finely-chopped seeded plum tomato
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced pitted Kalamata olives (or other brine-cured black olives)
- 1 tablespoon chopped drained capers
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 4 cod fillet pieces - (6 oz ea)
Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Using vegetable peeler, remove peel and white pith from orange. Cut twenty 2-inch-long, 1/8-inch-wide strips from orange peel and reserve.
Chop orange; place in small bowl. Add tomato and next 7 ingredients to chopped orange; stir to blend. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
Spray 13- by 9- by 2-inch glass baking dish with nonstick spray. Arrange cod in prepared dish. Sprinkle orange strips evenly over fish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake until fish is opaque in center, about 10 minutes. Spoon sauce over fish.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Per serving: calories, 221; total fat, 6 g; saturated fat, 1 g; cholesterol, 73 mg.
You'll also love
- Baked Banana-Stuffed French Toast 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Asian Noodles With Pan-Seared... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apple Bread Pudding 0/5 (0 Votes)
- White Beans With Bacon And Endive 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Whipped Sweet Potatoes With Brown... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Stir-Fried Chicken With Radishes,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp And Leek Linguine In White... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sauteed Baby Artichokes,... 0/5 (0 Votes)