Yukon Gold & Sweet Scalloped Potatoes
Try this delicious Yukon Gold & Sweet Scalloped Potatoes recipe.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup leeks, thinly sliced (white and light green parts only)
- 1/2 cup 35% whipping cream
- 1 cup Chicken Broth, 35% Less Sodium
- 2 teaspoon fresh Thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1 1/4 cups grated Aged Cheddar Cheese
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 95mins
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a medium saucepan, cook butter and leeks over medium heat until softened, about 3 min. Increase heat to medium-high, add cream, broth and thyme, stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until liquid reduces to about 1 1/3 cups, about 5 min. Stir in salt, pepper and nutmeg.
Using a sharp knife or mandolin, thinly slice potatoes into rounds (about 1/8-in.). In a 2-qt baking dish, starting with Yukon Gold as the base, alternately layer potatoes, switching directions for each layer. Pour sauce evenly over the potatoes and bake, covered with aluminum foil, 40 min.
Uncover, sprinkle with cheese and bake until cheese is melted and bubbly, about 20 min.
•For even cooking and a beautiful-looking presentation, alternate the direction of your potato slices with each layer.
You'll also love
- Coconut Rice 4.5/5 (53 Votes)
- Lemon iced lemon pound cake 4.4/5 (57 Votes)
- Artichoke Bread 4.4/5 (57 Votes)
- Zucchini Chips 4.7/5 (38 Votes)
- Creamy Au Gratin Potatoes 4.7/5 (38 Votes)
- Parmesan Scalloped Potato Stacks 4.4/5 (56 Votes)
- Joe's Crab Shack Crab Cakes 4.5/5 (51 Votes)
- Mexican Shrimp & Scallops 4.4/5 (55 Votes)