Chicken with Garlic Balsamic Tomatoes
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast cutlets (or boneless, skinless breasts that have been butterflied and pounded thin)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil, finely chopped
Season the chicken cutlets evenly on both sides with the salt and pepper.
In a large frying pan set over medium-high heat, add 2 teaspoons of the olive oil. Add half of the chicken cutlets and cook, undisturbed, until a crisp golden crust has formed on one side, about 3 minutes. Flip the cutlets and cook for 3 more minutes. Transfer the cooked cutlets to a plate and cover to keep warm. Add 2 teaspoons of the olive oil to the now-empty pan. Add the remaining chicken cutlets and cook, undisturbed, until a crisp golden crust has formed on one side, about 3 minutes. Flip the cutlets and cook for 3 more minutes. Transfer the cooked cutlets to the plate with the rest of the cutlets and cover to keep warm. Reduce the heat to medium, and add the remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil to the pan. Add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the tomatoes and vinegar and cook, stirring frequently, until the vinegar has thickened slightly and the tomatoes have begun to burst, 7 to 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and let the tomatoes stand while you plate the chicken.
To serve, divide the chicken cutlets among four serving plates, top the chicken with the tomatoes, and sprinkle with fresh basil.
You'll also love
- Umami-Crusted Pork Roast 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sous Vide Scallops (bacon-wrapped... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pineapple and other fruit Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Gourmet Apple Crisp 0/5 (0 Votes)
- spinach carbonara pizza 0/5 (0 Votes)
- HUNGARIAN POTATO BISCUITS 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef Stuffed Cabbage Rolls in a... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tomato Basil, Creamy Agave Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)