Smashed Avocado Chickpea Salad
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup tahini or Goddess Salad Dressing
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 lrg carrot, chopped
- 2 TBS fresh dill
- 3 TBS salted sunflower seeds
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 English muffins
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
1) Add the avocado, tahini, juice from half a lemon and chickpeas to a bowl. Using a fork or potato masher, smash these ingredients until coarsely mashed.
2) Add the cucumber, celery, carrot, dill and sunflower seeds and mix to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
3) Serve 1/4 of the chickpea mixture on top half a toasted English muffin, top with four slices of cherry tomatoes and enjoy.