Razor Clam Linguine with Parsley and Chives
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 pound linguine or other long pasta
- 1 1/2 cups razor clam meat, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- Salt (to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus additional for garnish
Adapted from wdfw.wa.gov
1.Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
2.Heat the oil, garlic, and pepper flakes in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook,stirring occasionally, until the garlic is tender and begins to sputter, about a minute
3.Add the wine and cream, bring to a simmer, and cook until the liquid is reduced by half, 8 to 10 minutes.
4.After you add the wine and cram, add the pasta to the boiling water, and cook according to the package instructions. Drain the pasta, but do not rinse.
5.Add the clams to the reduced sauce, salt and pepper to taste, and simmer until the clams are just heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. (They really don't take long to cook.)
6.When the pasta is done, transfer it to the pan with the cream, then add the chives,parsley, and Parmesan. Toss to coat the pasta with the sauce. Transfer the noodles to bowls, spoon the sauce and clams on top, and serve immediately, topped with additional Parmesan, if desired.