White Beans With Bacon And Endive
- 8 slices bacon coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 1/2 pound curly endive head rinsed, and leaves torn coarsely
- 2 large garlic cloves chopped
- 2 cans cannellini - (15 oz ea) drained well (white kidney beans)
- 1/3 cup canned beef broth
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Cook bacon in heavy large pot over medium-high heat until brown and crisp. Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels and drain. Set bacon aside.
Add onion to drippings in pot and sauté until beginning to soften, about 4 minutes. Add half of endive with water still clinging to leaves. Cover pot and cook until endive is wilted, stirring once, about 4 minutes.
Add remaining half of endive and chopped garlic. Cover and cook until endive leaves are wilted but still bright green, stirring once, about 4 minutes. Add cannellini, beef broth, and bacon. Cook bean mixture until heated through, stirring often, about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
This recipe yields 8 (side-dish) servings.
You'll also love
- Whipped Sweet Potatoes With Brown... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Warm Banana Tartlets With Peanut... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Toasted Barley And Asparagus... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spicy Sausage And Gorgonzola Pizza 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smoky Black Bean Dip 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smoked Sausage Cassoulet 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sauteed Pork Tenderloin And Pears... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Asparagus With Goat Cheese... 0/5 (0 Votes)