PEANUT BUTTER CORNFLAKE BARS
If you love peanut butter, you will love these.
- 1/2 - 1 c. sugar (orig calls for 1 cup...too sweet for us)
- 1 c. light corn syrup (orig calls for reg corn syrup, too sweet for us)
- 1 c. peanut butter
- 6 c. corn flakes
- Optional: Add a package of Honey Roasted Nuts (or chopped fav nut) for delicious extra crunch
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from google.com
Place corn flakes in a large bowl; set aside.
Combine sugar and corn syrup in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sugar dissolves. Immediately remove from heat; add peanut butter, stirring to combine.
Pour peanut butter mixture over corn flakes, and toss gently to combine, being careful not the crush the corn flakes.
2 options: Squares or balls:
1. Place in a 9x13 pan (buttered) until cooled. Cut into bars, eat, and enjoy!
2. Quickly drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto a large baking sheet lined with parchment or wax paper.
Allow cookies to stand at room temperature at least 30 minutes or until set. Store in an airtight container.