Savory Spanish Potato Salad
The briny flavor of olives and the sweet spice of bell peppers and pimento cheese compliment bright red wine vinegar, garlic, shallot and fresh parsley.
- 1 pound small red potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pimento-stuffed green olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from allrecipes.com
Place potatoes into a pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and cool until easily handled. Slice potatoes about 1/2-inch thick and place in a bowl.
Whisk olive oil and vinegar together in a bowl; stir in garlic. Pour dressing over potatoes and lightly toss to coat.
Mix red bell pepper, green olives, shallot, parsley, salt, and pepper into potatoes. Serve salad with lemon wedges to squeeze over each serving.
You'll also love
- Beef and Eggplant Casserole 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Baked 2-Cheese & Bacon Grits 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Citrus Mashed Plantains 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Paleo Chinese Eggplant 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Chopped Greek Salad with Chicken 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Mini-Latkes 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Roasted Potatoes & Haddock... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Vegan Portobello and Poblano... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)