Emeril’s recipe for Crawfish Monica is a guaranteed hit on your dinner table tonight. Filled with the rich and hearty flavors of half and half, zesty garlic, onions, your favorite white wine, succulent crawfish, fresh lemon juice, and chopped parsley, this pasta recipe pairs well with a lightly dressed side salad and a crusty loaf of bread for dipping into this luscious sauce.
- 1 pound linguine, fettuccine, or rotini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup chopped yellow onions
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Emeril’s Essence
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup pasta water
- 1 pound crawfish tails, peeled & deveined
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from gonola.com
Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of the pasta water. Return pasta to the pot & toss with the olive oil.
In a large pan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook, until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, Emeril’s Essence, salt, and cayenne. Cook, stirring for 1 minute.
Add the wine and cook over high heat until nearly all evaporated. Add the half-half, lemon juice, and reserved pasta water. Cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly reduced.
Add the crawfish tails and cook until warm. Add the green onions and parsley. Cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and add Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Tuscan Grain Bowl with Grilled... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Sake, Garlic, and Ginger Chicken... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Tuna Salad Composee 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Coconut Beef Curry 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Spicy Chicken Pasta and Peas with... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Fettuccine with Squash Ribbons 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Cumin Oil–Fried Egg & Avocado... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Meatball and Ziti Bake 4/5 (2 Votes)