chocolate cream cheese bars
- 1 cup butter - divided
- 1 cup chocolate chips - semi sweet, divided
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup peanuts - unsalted, dry roasted and chopped
- 16 ounces cream cheese - softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
In a saucepan over medium heat, melt 3/4 cups of butter and 1/3 cup of the chocolate chips. Stir until smooth. Stir in graham cracker crumbs and peanuts.
Press this into a buttered 13x9x2 inch pan. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set. In a mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread this over the bottom layer. Melt the remaining 2/3 cup of chocolate chips until smooth. Carefully spread this over the cream cheese layer.
Cover and refrigerate until set. Cut into 24 squares and serve.