Jalapeño Popper Quiche
- 1 (9 inch) pie shell, pre-baked
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 jalapenos, diced (seed them is you prefer less heat)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cream
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
Spread the cream cheese over the bottom of the pie crust and sprinkle on the diced jalapenos. Heat the milk and cream over medium heat until just before it boils, about 5 minutes and pour it into a large bowl.
Pour the eggs into the heated cream while stirring constantly. Mix in the paprika and salt. Pour the mixture into the pie plate and bake in a preheated 350F oven for 30 minutes.
Remove from oven, arrange the jalapeno slices on top, sprinkle with cheese and bake until the cheese has melted and turned golden brown, about 15 minutes.