Spiced Pumpkin Pie
- 2/3 cup golden brown sugar - (packed)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 cups canned solid pack pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons mild-flavored (light) molasses
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 purchased frozen 9" pie crust
Place baking sheet in oven and preheat to 450 degrees. Whisk first 8 ingredients together in large bowl to blend. Whisk in pumpkin, molasses and eggs, then cream. Pour mixture into frozen crust.
Place pie on preheated baking sheet in oven. Bake 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 325 degrees and bake until sides puff and center is just set, about 40 minutes. Cool. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and re-frigerate.) Serve at room temperature.
This recipe yields 6 servings.