- 2 tablespoons butter - (1/4 stick)
- 1 package bulk pork sausage - (12 oz) crumbled
- 1 large onion chopped
- 4 cups coarsely-ground crustless French bread
- 1 jar vacuum-packed steamed chestnuts - (8 oz) chopped
- 1/2 cup canned low-salt chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons crumbled dried sage leaves
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and onion. Cook until sausage is cooked through, about 12 minutes. Remove from heat. Mix in remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper.
This recipe yields 6 servings.