Roasted Garlic, Onion And Red Bell Pepper Dip
- 1 garlic head halved crosswise
- 1 medium onion peeled, and halved crosswise
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 package cream cheese - (8 oz)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 6 Kalamata olives pitted (or other brine-cured black olives)
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 1 French-bread baguette cut 1/4" slices
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place garlic and onion, cut-side down, on small baking sheet. Brush with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Bake until onion is tender and garlic is golden and tender, turning over halfway through baking, about 30 minutes. Cool.
Char red bell pepper over gas flame or in broiler until blackened on all sides. Wrap in paper bag and let stand 10 minutes to steam. Peel and seed pepper. Chop coarsely.
Squeeze garlic from skin. Cut each onion half into quarters. Place garlic, onion, red bell pepper and next 4 ingredients in processor and blend well. Transfer to small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Keep refrigerated.)
Preheat broiler. Place baguette slices on baking sheet. Brush with remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Broil until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Stir dip and serve with toasted baguette slices.
This recipe yields 2 1/2 cups.
You'll also love
- Roasted Asparagus With Goat Cheese... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Asparagus And Wild... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Red-Onion Meat Loaf 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta With Smoked Whitefish,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta With Caramelized Onions,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tomato And Garlic-Bread Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Red Bell Pepper Bisque... 0/5 (0 Votes)