Skillet Chicken Fajitas
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 1 cup sliced orange bell pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup unsalted canned pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 ounces skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast, shredded
- 4 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 8 (6-in.) corn tortillas
- 8 teaspoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 ripe peeled avocado, cut into 8 slices
Adapted from myrecipes.com
1. Preheat broiler to high.
2. Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high. Add onion, bell pepper, corn, salt, and pepper to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add beans, tomatoes, stock, and juice; cook 2 minutes. Top vegetable mixture with chicken; sprinkle evenly with cheese.
3. Place pan in oven; broil 3 minutes or until cheese melts.
4. Heat tortillas according to package directions. Divide chicken mixture evenly among tortillas; top each with 1 teaspoon sour cream and 1 avocado slice.