Caesar Salad in Peppered Parmesan Bowls
Serve Caesar salads in these creative and edible Peppered Parmesan bowls. Gently cook Parmesan in a skillet and drape over bowl to shape.
- 2 cups Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, coarsely ground
- 2 romaine hearts, cut into bite-size pieces, about 6 cups
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup Caesar salad croutons, slightly crushed
- 1/4 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
In a small bowl, toss cheese with pepper. Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Evenly sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese mixture into pan to form a 6-inch circle; cook, uncovered, until bubbly and edges are golden brown, about 1-2 minutes. Remove skillet from heat; let stand 15 seconds.
Using a spatula, carefully remove cheese and immediately drape over an inverted 4-ounce ramekin; press cheese gently to form a bowl. Cool completely. Repeat with remaining cheese, making eight bowls.
In a large bowl, combine romaine, tomatoes and croutons. Just before serving, drizzle with dressing and toss to coat.
Serve in Parmesan bowls.
You'll also love
- Caesar-Crusted Chicken Salad 4.5/5 (8 Votes)