CINNAMON SOUR CREAM SCONES
CUISINE AT HOME
- 2 3/4 c AP flour
- 6 TBS granulated sugar
- 2 tap baking powder
- 1 tap ground cinnamon
- 1/2 baking soda
- 1/2 tap salt
- 1 stick cold, unsalted butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup finely chopped candied ginger
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 tsp coarse sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 egg beaten w/ 1 TBS water
1. Oven 375 degrees, silpat on baking sheet, lightly flour work surface
2. Pulse together flour, sugar, baking powder, 1 tsp cinnamon, basking soda and salt in food processor until combined
3. Add butter pulse until pieces are pea-sized, then pulse in ginger. Add sour cream and 1 egg; pulse mixture just until dough ball forms.
4. Transfer dough to floured work surface and shape into 8" round, 1" thick. Combine coarse sugar and 1/4 tap cinnamon. Brush top of round w/ egg wash and sprinkle with coarse sugar mixture
5. Freeze scones, lightly covered at least 30".
6. Cut scones into 8 wedges and place on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 25" or until golden and set. Tx to cooling rack and cool briefly before serving.