Cajun Roasted Potatoes with Creole Dipping Sauce
- For Cajun Potatoes:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 pounds red-skinned potatoes, cut into wedges
- For Creole Dipping Sauce:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup minced scallions
- 2 tablespoons Creole mustard and minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 4 teaspoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- freshly ground black pepper
Make Cajun Potatoes:
Preheat oven to 450° with racks in top and bottom thirds. Place two baking sheets in oven.
Whisk together oil, oregano, thyme, garlic powder, paprika, salt, black pepper, and cayenne; toss with potatoes. Arrange potatoes on prepared baking sheets in single layers.
Roast potatoes on top and bottom racks until fork-tender, 35 minutes, flipping halfway through; season with salt. Serve potatoes with Creole Dipping Sauce.
Make Creole Dipping Sauce:
Whisk together sour cream, scallions, Creole mustard, parsley, distilled white vinegar, honey, and cayenne; season with salt and black pepper.