Creamy Shrimp and Mushroom Pasta
Everyone will love this Creamy Shrimp and Mushroom Pasta recipe.
- 4-8 ounces fettuccine or linguine
- 10 tablespoon butter, divided
- 8 ounces fresh, sliced mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 2/3 cup boiling water (from your noodle pot)
- 1 pound cooked shrimp
Adapted from chaosinthekitchen.com
Boil and salt a large pot of water and cook your pasta. I usually only use about half of an 8 oz box, preferring fewer noodles.
While your pasta is cooking, cook your shrimp if necessary and reserve. If your shrimp are pre-cooked and frozen, quickly thaw them under running water.
In a large skillet melt 2 tbsp of butter over medium heat and saute mushrooms until soft and brown. Season with salt and pepper.
Reserve cooked mushrooms and melt remaining butter in the skillet. Add minced garlic, cream cheese, and herbs. At this point, I generally feel like something has gone terribly wrong. The cream cheese doesn’t really melt and starts to look almost curdled, don’t worry about it! It will all smooth out and be wonderful when we add the water. I promise.
Simmer cream cheese mixture until well blended. Get a scoop of boiling pasta water from your noodle pot and mix it in, stirring quickly to smooth out the sauce.
Keep sauce hot and add shrimp and mushrooms, mix well and simmer (stirring often) until everything is hot and thickened, about 10 minutes-you wont ruin this sauce by accidentally boiling it so don’t worry.
Toss sauce with cooked noodles and serve.
You'll also love
- Mini Garlic Monkey Bread 4.6/5 (60 Votes)
- Easy Homemade Pumpkin Pancakes 4.5/5 (65 Votes)
- Scalloped Hasselback Potatoes 4.6/5 (59 Votes)
- Mediterranean Shrimp Linguine 4.5/5 (63 Votes)
- Breakfast Pasta 4.5/5 (66 Votes)
- Spicy Shrimp with Lime and Cilantro 4.5/5 (63 Votes)
- Homemade Mushroom Soup 4.6/5 (49 Votes)