Lemon loaf uses instant lemon pudding mix to make a sweet, bright, lemony cake with a lemon buttercream icing.
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 (3.4-ounce) package instant Lemon pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Zest of one lemon
- 3 tablespoons butter, soft but not melted
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
Adapted from lilluna.com
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray the pan with non-stick baking spray. Set aside.
In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, pudding mix, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. With a stand or hand mixer, combine the eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla, lemon extract, lemon juice, oil and yogurt. Mix until evenly combined.
Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the lemon zest, and mix until just combined. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 55 minutes, or until center is fully set, and a toothpick inserted comes out crumb free.
After baking, let cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes. Run a knife around the sides of the pan, invert and remove from the pan, removing the waxed paper from the bottom. Cool completely on a cooling rack.
Combine the butter, lemon juice and lemon extract with hand or stand mixer. Gradually add the powdered sugar, and beat until smooth and creamy. Evenly spread the frosting over the top of the loaf. Refrigerate to let frosting set completely before slicing. Refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container.
You'll also love
- Oatmeal Raisin Nut Cookies 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Baked Eggs with Hash Browns and... 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- spicy shrimp with cauliflower mash... 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Sweet Chili Coconut-Lime Grilled... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Lemon-Poppy Seed Bread 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Chocolate Chip Banana Loaf 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Black and White Banana Loaf 4.4/5 (13 Votes)