Apple, Pear and Plum Compote
- 2 cups peeled Granny Smith apples, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 2 medium apples)
- 2 cups peeled ripe firm pears, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 2 medium pears)
- 2 cups unpeeled diced plums (about 3 large plums)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
In a large pot, combine the apples, pears, plums, 1/2 cup water, the honey, vanilla and cinnamon. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, cover and cook for 30 minutes.
Remove the lid and continue cooking until the syrup is reduced and the fruit is tender, another 30 minutes.
Cool completely, cover and store in the fridge until ready to serve. Serve alone or on cake.
You'll also love
- Homemade SAUSAGE 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Sausage, Shrimp & Quinoa Skillet 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Fresh Tomato, basil and ricotta... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Potato Gnocchi with Chorizo Sauce 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Slow Cooked Orange Pork Roast... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Roasted Cauliflower Steaks with... 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Strawberry-Spinach Salad with... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Squash Apple Turnovers 4.5/5 (4 Votes)