Radicchio, Fontina, And Goat Cheese Pizza
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves finely chopped
- 3 cups radicchio in 1/2"-wide strips (abt 4 oz)
- 1 1/4 cups grated Fontina cheese - (abt 5 oz)
- 1 cup thinly-sliced fresh fennel
- 1/2 cup sliced drained roasted red peppers from a jar
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 purchased fully-baked thin pizza crust (10 oz)
- 2/3 cup crumbled soft fresh goat cheese - (abt 3 oz) (such as Montrachet_
- Parmesan cheese shavings (optional)
Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 425 degrees. Whisk olive oil and finely chopped garlic in large bowl to blend. Add radicchio strips, grated Fontina, sliced fennel and roasted red peppers and toss to coat; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Place crust on rimless baking sheet. Mound radicchio mixture on crust, leaving 3/4-inch plain border. Top with crumbled goat cheese. Bake pizza until crust is crisp and topping is heated through, about 13 minutes.
Top pizza with Parmesan shavings, if desired. Cut pizza into slices and serve.
This recipe yields 6 servings.