When blackberries are plentiful, the weather is usually perfect for blackberry mojitos! This refreshing drink is easy to make. Double the ingredients so you can have a 2nd!
- 6 fat blackberries + more for garnish
- 8 mint leaves
- 1 ounce rum
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar, or use simple syrup
- 1/3 ounce lime juice
- 2 ounce club soda
Adapted from justputzing.com
In the bottom of your drinking glass, muddle/crush together blackberries, mint leaves, sugar or simple syrup, rum, and lime juice.
Add some ice cubes, then pour in club soda and stir. Garnish with a few whole blackberries and a sprig of mint.
The amount of sugar you use depends on how sweet you like your mojitos. I like mine sweeter so I used 2 tablespoons in mine, but Dan likes his a little more tart so I only put about 1 1/2 tablespoons in his.
Alternatively, you can use simple syrup, which will give you a more concentrated and uniform sweet flavor. I've been using that in all my cocktails lately and I think they are even more delicious this way. Just bring 1/2 cup sugar and 1 cup water to a simmer over medium-high heat, until sugar is completely dissolved. Allow syrup to cool, and then measure out however much you want to use for your drink. I suggest starting with 1/2 to 1 ounce per drink and going from there.
You'll also love
- Cauliflower Fried Rice 4.5/5 (34 Votes)
- Whipped Potatoes & Parsnips with... 4.8/5 (10 Votes)
- Super Moist Banana Nut Muffin Tops 4.6/5 (26 Votes)
- Creamy Coconut Shrimp 4.6/5 (42 Votes)
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Croissants 4.1/5 (51 Votes)
- HCG Diet Phase 2/3 Strawberry... 4.4/5 (39 Votes)
- Fresh Blackberry Cobbler 4.6/5 (19 Votes)