Crustless Smoked Turkey & Spinach Quiche
Plenty satisfying and easy on the waistline, this crustless turkey and spinach quiche is a perfect brunch recipe to share with your girlfriends. The filling features a combination of bite-sized bits of smoked turkey ham, onions, leafy baby spinach, and shredded cheddar and Swiss cheeses.
Sprinkle some of the Swiss cheese in the pie plate first before adding the ham and egg mixture. The thin layer on the bottom gives you another hit of flavor when you bite into a piece.—Wendy McMillan, Longmont, CO
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup (4-ounces) smoked turkey ham, cubed (such as Jennie-0)
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup (3-ounces) Swiss cheese, shredded and divided
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup evaporated fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup (1-ounce) reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (about 2 1/4 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 65mins
Adapted from myrecipes.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add ham, onion, and pepper to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until ham is lightly browned.
Sprinkle 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese in a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray. Top with ham mixture.
Combine remaining 1/2 cup Swiss cheese, spinach, and next 5 ingredients (through egg whites) in a large bowl; stir with a whisk.
Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour and baking powder in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add flour mixture to egg mixture, stirring with a whisk until blended. Pour egg mixture over ham mixture. Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in center of quiche comes out clean.
You'll also love
- Zucchini Pizza 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Chicken Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- APPLE AND AVOCADO SALSA WITH... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- CHARLIE'S CRAB SIZZLER SPINACH 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Greenfield's Hot Chicken Salad 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- SPINACH-STUFFED PURPLE POTATOES 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Spicy Grilled Chicken Thighs 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Lamb Barbacoa with Avocado Tacos 4.4/5 (10 Votes)