Fresh Scallop and Pineapple Ceviche
- 1/3 cup fresh pink grapefruit juice
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup Vidalia onion, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh pineapple, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 red chile, finely sliced
- 8 diver scallops, sliced
- 1 fillet sushi-grade striped bass, sliced (about 7 ounces)
- Sweet potato chips or plantain chips, for serving
- Fresh cilantro, minced, for garnish
To the bowl, add the pink grapefruit juice, lemon juice, lime juice, onions, pineapple, maple syrup, salt and red chile. Whisk. Add the scallops and striped bass, and mix. Cover the bowl and refrigerate until the seafood is opaque and cooked from the acid in the fruit, about 20 minutes.
Serve the ceviche in a martini glass, add a few sweet potato chips or plantain chips and sprinkle with fresh cilantro.
Cook's Note: For a festive twist, rim the martini glass with lemon or lime juice and coat the rim of the glass in the minced cilantro.