Potato-Crusted Quiche With Smoked Cheddar And Canadian Bacon
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1 1/4 pounds russet potatoes peeled, and sliced into 1/4" rounds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup diced Canadian bacon
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 4 ounces smoked cheddar cheese grated
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 10-inch glass pie dish with vegetable oil spray. Steam potato rounds until just tender, about 6 minutes. Transfer to rack and cool. Line prepared pie dish with enough potato rounds to cover, overlapping slightly (reserve any remaining potatoes for another use).
Heat olive oil in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, red bell pepper and thyme and sauté 5 minutes. Add Canadian bacon; sauté until heated through, about 1 minute. Spoon bacon mixture over potatoes in pie dish.
Whisk eggs, salt and pepper in large bowl to blend. Mix in cheese. Pour egg mixture over bacon mixture in dish. Bake quiche until set in center, about 35 minutes. Cool 20 minutes. Cut into wedges. Serve warm or at room temperature.
This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Pasta With Smoked Whitefish,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta With Chicken, Sun-Dried... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lamb Piccata With Capers 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lamb And Zucchini Fusilli Tossed... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grainy-Mustard Mashed Potatoes... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crown Roast Of Pork With Sausage... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roast Pork With Port Jus And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pan-Fried Trout With Bacon 0/5 (0 Votes)