Shrimp Burgers with Old Bay Mayo
- 1 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 scallions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- 4 brioche buns, halved and lightly toasted
- Avocado slices, for topping
- Lettuce leaves, for topping
- Tomato slices, for topping
Preparation time 35mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
For the shrimp burgers: Coarsely chop half of the shrimp. Put the remaining shrimp in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Combine both shrimp in a large bowl with the breadcrumbs, lemon juice, salt, garlic powder, pepper, scallions and egg and mix. Refrigerate for 10 minutes, and then form into 4 patties. Refrigerate 10 more minutes.
Heat the oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the burgers, about 3 minutes per side.
For the Old Bay mayo: Combine the mayonnaise and Old Bay to taste in a small bowl.
To serve, spread the buns with the mayo and place the burgers on the buns. Top the burgers with the avocado slices, lettuce leaves and tomato slices.