Apple Cider Chicken
Recipe from Rachael Ray's website
- 6 tbs EVOO divided
- 4 half breast chicken with bone and skin
- salt and pepper
- 3 large yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs thyme leaves, 7-8 sprigs leaves stripped and chopped
- 3 tbs honey
- 4 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup plus apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups chicken stock
1. Preheat dutch oven over medium high heat. Add a couple tbs of EVOO, 2 turns of the pan. Season chicken liberally with salt and pepper, and add to the hot oil, skin side down. Brown chicken for about 5 minutes on each side. Remove and reserve
2. Add another 2 turns of EVOO, onions, thyme, honey and garlic. Season the onions with salt and peppers, and cook stirring frequently for about 20-30 minutes or until the onions are really brown.
3. Add cider vinegar, return the chicken to the pot with the liquid and onions. Place a lid on the pot and simmer on medium for about 15 minutes, flipping the chicken over about half way through. Make sure the chicken is completely cooked, running juices should be clear. Remove chicken to a plate cover with foil to keep warm.
4. Turn the heat up to high and simmer until the sauce thickens up slightly about 4-5 minutes
5. Serve the chicken and ladle sauce on top.