Pastry-Wrapped Brie With Raspberries
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon finely-chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- Freshly-ground balck pepper to taste
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry - (half 17.3-oz pkg) thawed
- 13 1/4 ounces Baby Brie cheese round - (6" to 7" dia)
- 1 large egg beaten to blend
- Crackers and baguette slices for serving
- Grapes for serving
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Stir preserves, berries and rosemary in small bowl to blend. Season berry mixture with pepper. Roll out pastry on lightly floured surface to 12-inch square. Cut top rind off cheese; discard rind.
Place cheese, rindless-side up, in center of pastry. Spoon raspberry mixture onto cheese. Fold pastry on 2 opposite sides over cheese. Brush remaining 2 sides of pastry with glaze. Fold over cheese; press seams to seal. Brush pastry with glaze; place on baking sheet.
Bake cheese until pastry is deep golden brown (top of pastry may split open), about 30 minutes. Let cool 20 minutes. Place baked cheese on serving platter. Surround with crackers, baguette slices, and grapes.
This recipe yields 8 appetizer servings.