Pasta With Chicken, Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Gorgonzola, Pine Nuts
- 1/2 cup chopped drained oil-packed
- sun-dried tomatoes 2 tbspns of
- the oil reserved
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (abt 9 oz total)
- 1 pound gnocchi pasta or medium shell pasta
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup canned low-salt chicken broth
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese - (abt 2 oz)
- 1/4 cup chopped prosciutto
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup pine nuts toasted
Heat 1 tablespoon oil reserved from tomatoes in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to skillet and sauté until cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to plate and cool; do not clean skillet. Cut chicken into 1/2-inch pieces.
Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain pasta; transfer to large bowl.
Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 tablespoon tomato oil in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic; sauté until tender, about 1 minute. Add sun-dried tomatoes, chicken, basil, broth, cheese and prosciutto to skillet and bring to boil.
Add sauce to pasta and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Top with pine nuts and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.