Try this delicious Zucchini Pizza recipe.
- Optional spices:
- 4 cups grated fresh zucchini
- 2 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, finely grated
- 8 ounces low-moisture mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch/flour
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Optional pizza toppings:
- tomato sauce
- more mozzarella cheese
- gluten free pepperoni
- sautéed mushrooms
- I squeeze the liquid out of grated zucchini by placing it, about 2 cups at a time, in a fine mesh bag (like a nut milk bag) or tea towel, closing the bag or rolling up the towel and twisting it to squeeze out all of the liquid.
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from glutenfreeonashoestring.com
Preheat your oven to 450°F. Place a pizza stone or overturned baking sheet in the oven as it preheats. Line a pizza peel or other flat surface (like a large cutting board) with a sheet of unbleached parchment paper, and set it aside.
In a large bowl, place the dry grated zucchini, Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, mozzarella cheese, eggs, tapioca starch and optional spices. Mix to combine well. The mixture will be thick but soft. Transfer it to the parchment paper and, with a moistened silicone spatula or large spoon, spread it into a 13-inch round in one even layer. With wet hands or the side of the spatula or spoon, even the edges around the perimeter.
Slide the pizza on the parchment off the peel or cutting board onto the pizza stone or overturned baking sheet in the oven. Bake for 15 minutes or until the pizza is an even light golden brown color on top. Remove from the oven, spread your desired pizza toppings on top, and return to the oven for another 5 minutes or until any cheese is melted and the edges are crisp. Remove the pizza from the oven and allow to set for 2 minutes before slicing into wedges and serving warm.
Any leftover pieces can be covered and refrigerated for at least 3 days and enjoyed cold or refreshed in a warm toaster oven or microwave before serving.
You'll also love
- Chicken Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Crispy Homemade Clam Cakes 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- APPLE AND AVOCADO SALSA WITH... 4/5 (3 Votes)
- CHARLIE'S CRAB SIZZLER SPINACH 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- SPINACH-STUFFED PURPLE POTATOES 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Spaghetti Squash Au Gratin 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Zucchini Spaghetti Skillet with... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Paleo Cream of Asparagus, Celery,... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)