Cheddar Chive Muffins With Hard-Boiled Egg
Cheddar chive muffins with a hard boiled egg surprise in the center. Double or triple the recipe and you have yourself a quick microwavable breakfast or snack. Life is good and so are these muffins!
- 2 cups all-purpose baking mix
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup graded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 stick butter
- 1/4 cup chives, chopped
- 4 soft-boiled eggs, refrigerated
Preparation time 35mins
Cooking time 55mins
Adapted from hgtv.com
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Put cold eggs in a large pot, and cover with cold water one inch above the eggs. Turn stovetop on high heat, and bring to a full rolling boil. Turn heat off and let eggs sit in hot water for 5 minutes.
Remove eggs from water with a slotted spoon, and submerge in ice water bath for at least 30 minutes before peeling shells.
Combine baking mix, milk, butter, cheese and chives until smooth. Place heaping tablespoon of batter into each mold of an oversized muffin pan. Nestle soft-boiled egg into the center of each muffin mold. Cover egg completely with additional batter.
Bake for 20 minutes or until tops of muffins are golden .
Add crumbled, cooked sausage or diced ham and shredded cheese.
You'll also love
- Citrus Mashed Plantains 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Bloody Mary – Pickled Green Beans 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Jamaican Jerk Chicken Tacos 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Best Bread Machine Buns 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Quickbread - Coconut Sweetbread 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Eggs in Baskets with Candied Bacon... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Doughnut Muffins... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)