Make Ahead Ham and Cheese Sliders
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup) softened
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ small onion, finely grated
- 1 package (12 rolls) party rolls or slider buns I like King's Hawaiian rolls
- 12 slices thinly sliced deli ham
- 3 slices cheese Swiss, cheddar, or American, cut into 12 squares
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a large baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
In a small bowl, stir together butter, mustard, poppy seeds, Worcestershire sauce, and onion.
Split open a roll and spread butter mixture on the top and bottom of the inside of the roll. Add 1 slice of ham and 1 square of cheese; replace the top of the roll to make a sandwich. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Place sliders close together in prepared dish.
Cover with foil and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese melts.
To Make Ahead: Assemble sliders as instructed through Step 4. Wrap tightly and freeze for up to 3 months. You can bake them directly from the freezer – simply add a few minutes to the baking time to make sure that the cheese is fully melted.
Cooking Just for Two? Divide the 12 sliders into 2 separate 8-inch square pans. Bake one pan at a time and keep the extra pan in the freezer for a later use.