Maple & Date Bars
Wrap these moist bars individually, or place them in a cookie tin between layers of wax or parchment paper. These are great because they will satisfy your sweet tooth but are also a healthy snack option!
- 1 3/4 cups pitted dates, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (about 4 1/2-ounces)
- 1 cup regular oats
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from find.myrecipes.com
Combine dates, water, and maple syrup in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil; cook 12 minutes or until most liquid is absorbed, stirring frequently. (Mixture will look like jam.) Stir in rind; cool completely.
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Beat sugar and butter with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour, oats, baking soda, and salt. Stir flour mixture into sugar mixture (mixture will be crumbly).
Press 2 cups flour mixture into bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray. Spread date mixture over flour mixture. Sprinkle with remaining flour mixture. Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
You'll also love
- Peanut Butter & Oatmeal Dream Bars... 4.5/5 (216 Votes)
- Banana Brownies with Frosting 3.9/5 (397 Votes)
- Date Ball Cookies 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Backyard Clambake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork Chops with Apples 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Inside-Out Stuffed Cabbage 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Orange Bow Knot Rolls 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Toll House Kookie Brittle 0/5 (0 Votes)