No-Bake Chocolate Mousse Pie
- 7 oz. chocolate wafer cookies (about 32; we used Nabisco Famous Wafers)
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted, plus 4 tbsp.
- 10 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 1/2 c. plus 1 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1/4 c. confectioners' sugar
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- Chocolate curls, for serving
In a food processor, pulse the cookies to form fine crumbs. Add 6 tablespoons melted butter and pulse to combine. Transfer to a 9-inch pie dish and press evenly on the bottom and up the sides. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a heavy-bottomed saucepan, bring 1/3 cup water to a boil. Reduce heat to low and stir in the chocolate, marshmallows and remaining 4 tablespoon butter until melted. Transfer to a large bowl.
Using an electric mixer, beat 1 1/2 cups of the cream in a second large bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold the cream into the chocolate mixture. Transfer to the prepared pie dish, spreading evenly and chill until firm, about 1 hour or up to 1 day.
One hour before serving, whip the remaining 1 1/2 cups cream with confectioners' sugar and cocoa powder until stiff. Spoon over the mousse and refrigerate for at least 1 hour (and up to 1 day). Top with the chocolate curls just before serving, if desired.