Blueberry-Lemon Ricotta Pound Cake
You only need one bowl to make this simple but delicious Blueberry-Lemon Ricotta Pound Cake. I love this cake for breakfast but it's a real pleasure no matter the time of day!
- 3/4cup3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 5tablespoons5 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3large3 large eggs, room temperature*
- 3/4cup3/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2tablespoons2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2tablespoons2 tablespoons lemon juice plus 1 teaspoon, divided
- 1teaspoon1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2cups1 1/2 cups white whole-wheat flour
- 2teaspoons2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2teaspoon1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2cups2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2tablespoons2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar, packed
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 95mins
Adapted from eatingwell.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Coat a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray and line the bottom with parchment paper.
Beat sugar and butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until creamy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until fully incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to medium-low and beat in ricotta, lemon zest, 2 tablespoons lemon juice and vanilla until just combined. Sprinkle flour on top, then evenly sprinkle baking powder and salt over the flour. With the mixer on low speed, beat until almost combined. Add blueberries and gently fold into the batter. Transfer to the prepared pan.
Bake the cake until starting to brown around the edges and a tester inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Let cool in the pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes. Run a knife around the edge to loosen the cake, then invert it onto the rack. Carefully turn it right-side up. Let cool completely.
Clean the bowl, add confectioners' sugar and whisk in the remaining 1 teaspoon lemon juice until smooth. Brush the glaze on the cake.
To make ahead, wrap cooled cake airtight and store at room temperature for up to 1 day; glaze shortly before serving.
*Room-temperature eggs make cakes fluffier. Here's a quick trick—place them (in the shell) in a bowl of lukewarm water for about 5 minutes.
You'll also love
- Easy Cherry Dump Cake 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Maple Bacon Krispie Treats 4.1/5 (12 Votes)
- Paleo Banana Muffins 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Blueberry-Chia Overnight Oats 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Cookies 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Mom's Orange-Pineapple Jello-O 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Pork Orange Lo Mein 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Joanna Gaines' Magnolia Lemon Pie 3.9/5 (19 Votes)