PIZZA DOUGH BY BOBBY FLAY FROM FOOD NETWORK
There is nothing like making pizza at home. It is easier than you think and the whole family can help create and choose toppings.
Bread flour will give a crispier crust. If you can't find bread flour, all purpose flour will give you a chewier crust.
- EASY PIZZA SAUCE:
- 3-1/2 to 4 cups bread flour, plus more if needed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 envelope instant dry yeast
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (110 degrees)
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small Spanish onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Pinch of red chili flakes
- One 28-ounce can plum tomatoes with juices, pureed
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- Salt and black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a sauce pan over medium heat. Add onions and cook until soft, 5 minutes. Add garlic and chili flakes; cook 1 minute. Add tomatoes, increase heat to high, and cook, stirring occasiona
Combine 3-1/2 cups of the flour and sugar, yeast, and salt in a food processor; pulse to combine. While processing, add the water and 2 tablespoons of the oil until dough forms a ball. If the dough is sticky, add 1 tablespoon of flour at a time and continue processing until it comes together in a solid ball. If the dough is too dry, add 1 tablespoon of water at a time. Scrape dough onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead until smooth. Form into a smooth ball.
Grease a large bowl with the remaining 2 teaspoons of olive oil, add dough, cover with plastic wrap, place in a warm area, and let rise until double in size, about 1 hour.
Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and divide into two equal pieces; cover each with a clean kitchen towel and let rest for 10 minutes.
TOMATO AND CHEESE PIZZA:
1 recipe of pizza dough
1 recipe easy pizza sauce
12 oz. grated mozzarella
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Heat oven to 500 degrees. Place a 16-inch diameter pizza stone on lowest shelf position, for at least 30 minutes.
Place one round of dough onto a lightly floured surface, keeping the other covered with a kitchen towel. Roll dough into a 14-inch round. Transfer to a piece of parchment paper and gently roll again, if needed.
Spread 3/4 cup of sauce over the dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border around edges. Sprinkle half of the mozzarella and other toppings over the top. Slide parchment paper and pizza onto the stone. Bake until crust is golden and cheese is bubbly, 10 minutes. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Remove pizza from the oven; sprinkle with Parmesan.
Cool 5 minutes. Slice.