Mashed Potatoes With Lemon And Chives
- 6 tablespoons butter - (3/4 stick)
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh chives
- 2 pounds russet potatoes cut 1" pieces
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Melt 3 tablespoons butter in heavy small skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté 1 minute. Mix in lemon peel, then chives. Set aside.
Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain. Return potatoes to pot and mash. Add chive mixture, buttermilk and remaining 3 tablespoons butter and mash together. Season with salt and pepper.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Macaroni And Cheese With Prosciutto 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lasagna With Basil And Fennel 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lamb And Zucchini Fusilli Tossed... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grape Leaves Stuffed With Rice And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grainy-Mustard Mashed Potatoes... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ginger, Fig, And Cranberry... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Whipped Potatoes With Herbs 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tuna With Orange, Ginger, And... 0/5 (0 Votes)