Lamb And Zucchini Fusilli Tossed With Basil Butter
- 1/4 cup butter - (1/2 stick)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 large shallots chopped
- 8 ounces ground lamb
- 1 pound zucchini trimmed, and grated - (abt 3 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (or 2 tbspns fresh lemon juice)
- 1 pound fusilli or other corkscrew pasta
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (abt 2 1/2 oz)
Melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in basil. Set aside.
Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and shallots and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes. Add lamb; sauté until cooked through, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes.
Increase heat to medium-high. Add zucchini and sauté until wilted, about 7 minutes. Add wine, reduce heat, and simmer until reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain. Return to pot.
Add zucchini-lamb mixture and basil butter to pasta; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer pasta to large bowl. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Impossible Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes 4.3/5 (506 Votes)
- Zucchini & Sweet Corn Casserole 4.5/5 (203 Votes)
- Lentil, Zucchini and Tomato Tart... 4.5/5 (114 Votes)
- Apricot Bread Pudding With Caramel... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Dried Cranberry Compote 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bulgur Risotto With Peas And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- French Veal 0/5 (0 Votes)
- London Broil Turkey 0/5 (0 Votes)