Alabama White BBQ sauce
15 MINUTES TO PREPARE, SERVES 4
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce, or to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
In a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, water, lemon juice, mustard, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce and honey together until smooth.
Season with garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
Note: for a thicker sauce, add less water; for a thinner sauce, add more.
Refrigerate sauce for at least 1 hour, or overnight to let flavors blend.
Serve with your favorite barbecue dish and enjoy!